GIS support for microplanning in the health sector📣
Use geospatial data and technologies to reach more people in need of immunisation and related services
Training programme is hosted on GRID3’s learning platform (or learning management system – LMS)
Explore more at learn.grid3.org
▪ Self-enrolment: from 22 November 2023
▪ Office hours: Optional Zoom sessions – connect with this link, at these times : Fri 24 Nov, 12:00 GMT | Tues 5 Dec, 12:00 GMT
▪ Commitment: 4 – 8 hours learning, over 3 weeks
▪ Method: Self-paced learning, with trainer support
▪ Location: Online at learn.grid3.org
▪ Cost: FREE!
▪ Level: Intermediate (see below for requirements)
▪ Outcome: GRID3 certificate awarded (on successful completion)
State of the Map SotM Africa 2023📣
Open Mapping as a support tool for Local Development in Africa.
The State of the Map Africa (SotM Africa) is a bi-annual regional conference that celebrates the culture of open mapping, open data, GIS and its impact across Africa. The first SotM Africa conference was hosted by the OSM community in Uganda in 2017.
This year’s conference in Yaounde, Cameroon will continue to build on the strategy envisioned for OpenStreetMap in Africa as a renewed, strong, and growing network, and as part of the global OpenStreetMap and Open GIS movement.
📅 Date: 30th Nov. – 2nd Dec., 2023
📍 Location : Yaounde, Cameroon
📝 More information and Application: here (https://tinyurl.com/mv8nfyj5) !
Next Rethinking Transport Lab Open for Applications! 📣
We are glad to announce the official opening of the 2nd call for participants for our #RethinkingTransport Labs – Connecting Minds for African Solutions.
This time we will focus on #JustMobility in Urban and Rural Areas.
📅 Lab Date: February 26 – March 1, 2024
📍 Location: Cape Town, South Africa (tbc)
📝 More information and Application: here (https://lnkd.in/d3uFcFT2) !
🕒 Deadline: 19 November 2023 (11:59pm UTC)
What do they offer?
This initiative is for young professionals from Africa, and it’s designed to foster collaboration and innovation among various stakeholders for a socially just mobility in Africa.
❓Are you a young professional from Africa?
➡ Consider to apply!
❓Do you know someone who might be a good candidate?
➡ Re-post and share this announcement with your networks.
RE4AFAGRI, IIASA and World Resources Institute (WRI) joint Workshops📣
Joint Workshops on tools for planning, scenarios and policy analysis of the water-energy-land nexus for equitable development in rural Africa.
RE4AFAGRI project and World Resources Institute (WRI) are organizing a series of capacity building activities to support African researchers, analysts and policy makers on a range of topics relating to the water-energy-land nexus and rural development.
Workshop coordination and hosting – IIASA & WRI
Funding support, gratefully acknowledged – European Commission, IIASA, WRI, World Bank Energy Sector Management Assistance Programme (ESMAP), Science Granting Councils Initiative, South Africa National Research Foundation, Ethiopian Ministry Science & Technology, Kenya National Research Fund, National Science and Technology Council
Workshop and training course delivery – IIASA, WRI, World Bank ESMAP, University of Cape Town, Politecnico di Torino
📅 Date: 16-20th October 2023
📍 Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
📝 More information and Application: here (https://shorturl.at/kANU6) !
🕒 Deadline: The application and registration are now closed.
Joint Summer School on Modelling Tools for Sustainable Development 2023 📣
The Summer School is split into two parts:
(1) you will be trained in the tool you applied for, or further build your skills based on what you learnt in the Open University courses will be expanded upon;
(2) you will use your new skills to conduct analyses on country-specific case studies, with assistance being provided from trainers. You will receive an ICTP certificate on attendance and successful completion of the Summer School (obtained after attending the Summer School).
– OnSSET/The Global Electrification Platform
– Energy and Flexibility Modelling: OSeMOSYS & FlexTool
– Financial Analysis of Power Sector Projects using the FinPlan Model
– Energy demand assessment and scenarios: MAED and EBS tools
– Introduction to CLEWs
– Energy Access Explorer: A Data-driven, Integrated and Inclusive Approach to Planning for Achieving Universal Access to Energy for Equitable Development
– The Net Zero Playbook
– Geospatial data, best practices for collection and management
– Input-Output-based Life-Cycle Assessment with MARIO
– Geospatial Clean Cooking access modelling, using OnStove
📅 Date : Online – 26th June to 30th of June, 2023 – Inperson – Hybrid, July 3 to July 13 , 2023
📍 Location: Trieste, Italy
📝 More information and Application: here (https://shorturl.at/uAFMX) !
🕒 Deadline: applicants to attend in person is 12 May 2023; deadline for applicants to attend online is 2 June 2023. The application and registration are now closed.
Energy Modelling Platform for Africa (EMP-A)
The main objective of the EMP-A 2023 is to contribute to creating optimised investments for the energy transition in Africa to meet the continent’s growing demand for low-carbon, inclusive, and climate-resilient development pathways whilst accessing its large resource base. It is an excellent opportunity to acquire free training, access to discussion forums, and coaching skills in models and tools for energy planning needs.
EMP-A 2023 will take place from 11th April to 28th April 2023 and is a hybrid event (online and at the University of Namibia). In person training will occur from April 17th – April 28th.
Funding may be available for accommodation and flights to Namibia for successful applicants who apply before the 17th February.